Connect with us

NEWS

BREAKING: US District Judge Joseph Laplante has just BLOCKED Donald Trump from enforcing his birthright citizenship executive order nationwide after granting a class action lawsuit to proceed…

Published

on

 

CONCORD, New Hampshire, July 10 (Reuters) – A federal judge on Thursday has again barred President Donald Trump’s administration from enforcing his executive order limiting birthright citizenship across the country after the U.S. Supreme Court restricted the ability of judges to block his policies using nationwide injunctions.

U.S. District Judge Joseph Laplante in Concord, New Hampshire, made the ruling after immigrant rights advocates implored him to grant class action status to a lawsuit they filed seeking to represent any babies whose citizenship status would be threatened by the implementation of Trump’s directive.

Laplante agreed the plaintiffs could proceed as a class, allowing him to issue a fresh judicial order blocking implementation of the Republican president’s policy nationally.
The question of whether to issue an injunction was “not a close call,” he said, noting children could be deprived of U.S. citizenship if Trump’s order took effect.
“That’s irreparable harm, citizenship alone,” he said. “It is the greatest privilege that exists in the world.”

The judge said he would stay his ruling for seven days to allow the Trump administration to appeal and would issue a written decision by the end of the day.
The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Under the Supreme Court’s decision, Trump’s executive order had been set to take effect on July 27.

The ACLU and others had filed the suit just hours after the Supreme Court on June 27 issued a 6-3 ruling, powered by its conservative majority, that narrowed three nationwide injunctions issued by judges in separate challenges to Trump’s directive. The suit was filed on behalf of non-U.S. citizens living in the United States whose babies might be affected.

NEWS11 hours ago

SAD NEWS: 30 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds, husband of actress Blake Lively, along with her family confirmed that she had … mor

NEWS11 hours ago

HOLLYWOOD SHOCK: Selena Williams Lands $1M Movie Scene Deal! Selena Williams Scores Massive Role in Upcoming Blockbuster-Fans Can’t Wait!

NEWS14 hours ago

What happened to 26 year old Karate Kid Jaden Smith? How sad! It was with a heavy heart that we announced when he was confirmed to join…see more

NEWS4 days ago

SHOCKING: Michael Jackson Tomb Opened After 15 Years And What They Found SHOCKED The World!-EH

NEWS4 days ago

About 30 minutes ago Heavily Pregnant Olympic legend SIMONE BILES and her husband, Jonathan Owens, announced the arrival of their baby boy! The couple, who have been eagerly anticipating their first child, shared heartwarming photos of their newborn from a hospital in Houston, Texas, as they also Joyfully announce the name of their new arrival… See More Details Below 👇👇👇

NEWS1 week ago

No one asked my permission’: Meghan Markle burst into tears over Prince William’s cruel

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Michael Jackson’s biological son, B Howard, finally broke his silence and revealed the dark truth that shocked the world…

CELEBRITY1 week ago

BREAKING: “Mike Tyson LEAKS Shocking New Footage from Diddy’s CCTV Cameras!…

NEWS1 week ago

HEART BREAKING: What happened to WWE Legend Dave Bautista aged 55 years old ? It so sad! with heavy heart that we announced as he’s confirmed to be in…see more

NEWS2 weeks ago

JUST IN: ELON MUSK, The cofounder of xAI is leaving the company. He says he’s learned 2 main things from…

NEWS2 weeks ago

At The Movies: The Shadow’s Edge a reunion of Jackie Chan and Tony Leung Ka Fai ruined by

NEWS2 weeks ago

Breaking – Trump diagnosed with ‘chronic venous insufficiency’ Say’s White House…

Copyright © 2025 USAtoss