Connect with us

CELEBRITY

BREAKING NEWS: Elon Musk dramatically steps down from DOGE in shock move

Published

on

 

President Donald Trump has indicated to top advisers that Elon Musk could be taking a step back from his current role in the administration, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Musk is employed by the government as a “special government employee” — meaning his appointment is not to exceed 130 days. His term would be up around the end of May, but it was widely rumored that the White House could take steps to keep him on or extend his employment status in some way.

As ABC News has previously reported, Musk’s decision-making has divided Trump’s top aides and at times has sparked rifts among those closest to the president.

Some of Musk’s defenders in the White House caution reporting that Musk is being pushed out is overblown, sources said.

Trump remains pleased with what Musk and his Department of Government Efficiency team have done with their cost-cutting across the government, despite the backlash publicly and in the courts, according to sources.

Politico was first to report the news that Trump had told top advisers that Musk would likely be taking a step back from his role in the coming weeks.

Trump said publicly on Monday that Musk will likely have to go back and run Tesla at some point. The president was asked specifically about the 130-day special government employee time limit.

“Well, I think he’s … amazing. But I also think he’s got a big company to run. And so, at some point he’s going to be going back. He wants to.” Trump said.

ABC News previously reported that some White House officials who had grown frustrated with Musk had resigned themselves that the billionaire is unlikely to be reined in anytime soon and had instead focused on managing the situation as best they can until his special government contract comes to an end in May.

White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt refuted the Politico report in a post on X Wednesday.

“Elon Musk and President Trump have both *publicly* stated that Elon will depart from public service as a special government employee when his incredible work at DOGE is complete,” Leavitt said.

NEWS1 day ago

SAD NEWS: 30 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds, husband of actress Blake Lively, along with her family confirmed that she had … mor

NEWS1 day ago

HOLLYWOOD SHOCK: Selena Williams Lands $1M Movie Scene Deal! Selena Williams Scores Massive Role in Upcoming Blockbuster-Fans Can’t Wait!

NEWS1 day ago

What happened to 26 year old Karate Kid Jaden Smith? How sad! It was with a heavy heart that we announced when he was confirmed to join…see more

NEWS5 days ago

SHOCKING: Michael Jackson Tomb Opened After 15 Years And What They Found SHOCKED The World!-EH

NEWS5 days ago

About 30 minutes ago Heavily Pregnant Olympic legend SIMONE BILES and her husband, Jonathan Owens, announced the arrival of their baby boy! The couple, who have been eagerly anticipating their first child, shared heartwarming photos of their newborn from a hospital in Houston, Texas, as they also Joyfully announce the name of their new arrival… See More Details Below 👇👇👇

NEWS1 week ago

No one asked my permission’: Meghan Markle burst into tears over Prince William’s cruel

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Michael Jackson’s biological son, B Howard, finally broke his silence and revealed the dark truth that shocked the world…

CELEBRITY1 week ago

BREAKING: “Mike Tyson LEAKS Shocking New Footage from Diddy’s CCTV Cameras!…

NEWS1 week ago

HEART BREAKING: What happened to WWE Legend Dave Bautista aged 55 years old ? It so sad! with heavy heart that we announced as he’s confirmed to be in…see more

NEWS2 weeks ago

JUST IN: ELON MUSK, The cofounder of xAI is leaving the company. He says he’s learned 2 main things from…

NEWS2 weeks ago

At The Movies: The Shadow’s Edge a reunion of Jackie Chan and Tony Leung Ka Fai ruined by

NEWS2 weeks ago

Breaking – Trump diagnosed with ‘chronic venous insufficiency’ Say’s White House…

Copyright © 2025 USAtoss